If you are looking for the best double strollers for infant and toddler or a double stroller for twins to help you ferry your two young children around you are in the right place. This web page can help you decide on the right double stroller to buy. It is designed to provide the best double stroller reviews for those who need such vital information. However, before we dive into a detailed review of the best double strollers on the market take a look at the table below for an idea of the top eight double strollers for infant and toddler and for twins that we shall be reviewing later on this page:
|Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogger Stroller, Carbon||Carbon||DJ96710||Baby Trend||$199.99|
|Graco DuoGlider Click Connect Stroller, Glacier||Glacier||1980461||Graco||$169.99|
|Joovy Scooter X2 Double Stroller, Blueberry||Blueberry||8070||JOOD9||$279.99|
|Baby Jogger 2016 City Mini GT Double Stroller - Black/Black||Black||1959386||Baby Jogger||$530.96|
|Chicco Cortina Together Double Stroller, Ombra||Ombra||07079043500070||Chicco||$299.99|
|Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double Stroller, Elixer||Elixer||SS76715||Baby Trend||$179.99|
|Graco Ready2grow Click Connect LX Stroller, Gotham 2015||Gotham||1934625||Graco||$219.99|
|ZOE Umbrella XL2 Double Stroller, DELUXE - London Navy||DELUXE - London Navy||XL2-DLX-LM||ZOE||N/A|
Double strollers are a common form of baby carrier with so many families nowadays. When you have been gifted with twins or have two young children that are close in age, then it’s possible you’ve identified the need to buy a stroller that will manage both your children at the same time. There are various kinds of strollers for families who have the requirement to move more than a single child at the same time. The best double strollers for infant and toddler and the best double stroller for twins help families accomplish that.
Despite the fact that some families opt to get two single strollers and have the two parent take a baby stroller each when they go out, this might not work out for many parents. And for those instances when you are on your own with the kids without your partner or some other relative or close friend, double strollers can give you the flexibility to go out by yourself and relish your time with all your little kids.
Why the Double Strollers?
The best double strollers make travelling with multiple kids much easier and full of fun. They enable easy strolling where there are twins or two kids. With double strollers for infant and toddler the hustle of trying to get around with two kids at the same time is significantly reduced.
It is challenging when selecting a double stroller for infant and toddler. Double strollers are designed in several styles, colors and dimensions with several features. They come in fancy and elegant models. A simple side by side Double stroller for twins model costs between $50 and $250 while a fancy and elegant sit and stand double stroller for toddler and infant with car seat ranges anywhere between $200 and $1,500.
Double strollers for infant and toddler are of two categories. One with one chairs in front of the other, better known as tandem strollers or tandem double strollers. The other category is where the seats are next to one another popularly known as side by side double strollers. As you plan shopping for the best double stroller side by side or tandem stroller, it is important to note that double strollers for toddler and infant are always more bulky compared to the single stroller. In searching for the best double strollers for infant and toddler it is important to consider the durability and ability to handle extra weight of between 30 to 90kg. The best double stroller for twins should be collapsible and easy to carry around with a large and roomy basket.
Things to consider when choosing the best double stroller
In choosing a double stroller, the age difference between your children is a factor to consider. Double Strollers for twins are far different from double strollers for infant and toddler for example. Children who have a small difference mainly below the age of 2 year are compatible with most of the double strollers while those with an age difference of between 2 to 4 years are compatible with the side-by-side double strollers.
Assess your needs carefully before shopping for the best double stroller that you can afford. This will help you know the type of double stroller that fits in with your lifestyle. Additionally, consider what you are going to use the the twin stroller for. Long leisure movements make rough terrains and so unpredictable. This will require you to shop for a strong-wheeled double stroller. You should also buy strollers with shock absorber tires in the case of a rough terrain. There are double strollers specifically made for the type of situation and they are generally known as all terrain double strollers.
For quick and simple trips, a foldable compact double stroller that can easily be loaded into a car is advisable. Similarly if you move in and out of your car at regular intervals with you kids in toe, you should be looking to buy the best compact double stroller for infant and toddler.
Another important factor to consider is the stroller’s features. It is important to have a tray at the top of the all terrain double stroller so that it can house all the baby’s items. These include toys, diapers, food, towels and a drinking cup. The twin stroller should also be easy to store when it is not in use. If you intend to travel a lot in your car with your babies then a compact double stroller with car seat for infant and toddler is worth considering.
It is important for the double stroller to be well covered with impenetrable fabrics to protect your baby from being hit by direct sun rays as well as keep away excess heat. The two canopy stroller or double umbrella strollers are specifically designed to offer shelter from pollution and harmful sun rays. The best double umbrella strollers for newborn and toddler are popular in certain parts of the world for this particular reason.
Many of the best double strollers for toddler and infant are designed to meet different specifications. Double umbrella strollers which are fitted with a shade and an open front allows the child to look around. These are suitable for more grown toddlers who want to connect with their surrounding as they move around. The two canopies independently zip on and off. Some side by side double strollers and double stroller for twins have seats which move independently with a narrow lightweight that can fit into the door and is also compatible with the seat of the car. Some are designed to withstand rough terrains
Where to find the best double strollersThere are a number of stores throughout the U.S that specializes in the supply of twin strollers. These include Phil & Teds, Chicco Echo, Valco Baby Zee, Graco, Mima kids U.S.A, BOB Gear, Baby Jogger among others. Having said that, most people these days prefer to buy things like double strollers online. Some of the best online stores are ebay, Alibaba, shopify and Amazon.
From time immemorial, before people buy anything they like to check out the experiences of others who have purchased and used the same or similar products in the past. These days, one of the best ways to get other people’s opinion or share their experiences of a particular product is via reviews and ratings. In the same way if you are looking for the best double stroller for twins or best tandem stroller, it is adviseable to first check out some of the best double stroller reviews and ratings in other to ensure that you have looked at the best options available to you. With this in mind, we have prepared our own best double strollers reviews and ratings in order to assist anyone who is looking to purchase a double stroller for their infant and toddler or for their twins.
Chicco Cortina Together Double Stroller
This double stroller for infant and toddler with car seat will help you travel comfortably and securely with your two kids (infants, toddlers, or one infant and one toddler). You won’t have to carry anything in your hands: those bulky diaper bags and your ever-moving children will be safely secured in the Cortina Double Stroller. It comes in N models, to suit all tastes: Ombra, Romantic, Element, and Obsidian.
– This double stroller for infant and toddler comes with room for two matching Chicco infant car seats
– Chicco Cortina Together Double Stroller has forward-fold front seat to enable car seat attachment
– It has foldable rear seat to enable car seat attachment or bassinet enclosure
– The Chicco Cortina Together Double Stroller features one-hand fold and automatic storage latch
– This double stroller interchangeable cupholders and armbar
– They come with distinct canopies
– They also feature accessible zippered basket
– measures (47.25″ x 23.5″ x 45.5″, 34 lbs, up to 40 lbs per seat)
– Theses double strollers are smooth to steer, even on rough terrain
– They come with lockable front wheels
– Roomy zippered basket is a standard with the Chicco Cortina Together Double Stroller
– These are double strollers with car seat
– The canopies on these double strollers are not very effective
– The back seat does not recline all the way
– Some people find the Chicco Cortina Together Double strollers to be too heavy
Chicco’s Cortina Together Double stroller is a popular choice among young parents looking for an efficient, sturdy double stroller for infant and toddler. Its great features really make up for the wee downsides. For anyone looking for the best double stroller for infant and toddler with car seat, this will make a great choice.
Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double
Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double stroller is regarded as one of the best double sit and stand strollers for toddler and infant and it has a model for everyone: Fusion, Riviera, Carbon, Grey Mist, Vanguard, Millennium, Elixer, Green Tea, Sonic, Vision, and Skylar. Just pick yours! You will simply love this ample choice, and the presence of a standing rear platform. As far as sit and stand double strollers go, this double stroller is right up there with the best of them.
– With the Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double stroller kids can sit in the front and rear seats or stand on the specific rear platform
– This double stroller sit and stand has 2-cup holders in the parent tray
– It has easy to use one-hand fold
– It has safety harnesses to restrain children
– The rear seat of the Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double stroller is removable
– It has foot activated brakes
– The Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double stroller is compatible with most infant car seats (Baby Trend or major brands)
– It measures (21.5″ x 49″ x 43″, 32.5 lbs, up to 40 lbs per seat)
– you can clean the seat pad of the Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double stroller with water and a common household detergent
– worn parts can be replaced or repaired
– has a fancy, modern look
– takes up too much room in the car trunk
– you can’t adjust the canopy (that is a problem when the sun is high)
– the back footrest makes the underneath basket almost impossible to use
This double stroller by Baby Trend is cool to look at and easy to use and compares quite favourably with the best double sit and stand strollers for toddler and infant out there.
Graco Ready2grow Click Connect LX Stroller
This versatile double stroller has 12 riding options, making going out with your kids a breeze! It has room for two children (from infant, to toddler, to youth). Consequently, whether you are looking for the best double strollers for baby and toddler or the best double stroller for toddler and infant the Graco Ready2grow Click Connect LX Stroller is always worth a consideration. It is fully compatible with two Graco SnugRide car seats. It comes in two models, Glacier and Gotham.
– one-hand fold with latch for storage
– standing platform, bench seat, and front and rear seats
– very large storage basket to hold diapers and baby products
– easy basket access when lifting the bench seat
– cup holder in the parent tray
– removable child’s tray for extra ease of movement
– lockable front wheels for added comfort when driving the stroller
– measures (42″ x 45″ x 23.5″, 33.99 lbs, front seat up to 50 lbs and rear seat up to 40 lbs)
– removable seat cushions may be washed in cold water
– resistant front seat (able to support 50 lbs of weight)
– reclining front seat for your baby’s comfort
– removable rear seat
– you must read the instructions carefully in order to mount the car seats the right way
– small car trunks may not be large enough to accommodate this large stroller
This Graco double stroller is often present in the best double stroller reviews, and for good reason. If you have a growing family and you value your freedom of movement, then buy this one! This is one of the top double strollers for infant and toddler.
ZOE Umbrella XL2 Double Stroller DELUXE
The ZOE Umbrella XL2 Double Stroller DELUXE is a popular umbrella lightweight double stroller. This popular double umbrella stroller is really a piece of art, with a carefully designed look and a huge number of hot features. You will get your money’s worth with this one, and your kids will love it!
– large, easy to reach storage basket
– magnetic peekaboo window
– extra kickspace for tall children
– tall handle
– high weight limit
– detachable cup holder and snack cup for parents and kids
– durable aluminium frame
– one-hand recline
– big storage pockets
– detachable belly bar
– padded leg rest for kids
– wheel suspensions
– padded seat
– interchangeable canopies
– optional travel bag and backpack
– measures (29″ x 25″ x 7.5″, 16 pounds, up to 50 pounds per seat)
– comfortable for short parents too
– light-weight double stroller and portable
– safe and tight straps
– it is not very handy for joggers or fast walkers
– slightly difficult to put away, because you have to remove the carseat adapter before
If you love accessories and want a light, durable double stroller, then look no further. This Zoe Umbrella double stroller is worth its price!
Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogger Stroller
This side-by-side two seat jogging stroller is rated for up to 50 pounds per kid. It is lightweight and comfortable with reclining seat but also rugged and sturdy with all-terrain tires. The large compartment underneath the seat is perfect for storing a diaper bag or shopping bags.
– This Double Jogger Stroller is designed for two children between 6 and 50 pounds each, less than 42 inches tall
– It has a five-point safety harness
– It comes with multipoint reclining seat
– Three rubber pneumatic tires, all terrain. 16-inch rear tires. 12-inch front tire with lockable swivel wheel
– Underneath covered large storage basket
– Lightweight double stroller at 34 pounds
– Foot-activated rear brake
– Shade canopy
– Dual cup holders
It’s comfortable for the kids, with reclining seats for easy napping on the go. It’s a smooth push for the parent thanks to padded handle, swivel front wheel, and the lightweight design.
Although rated trail rides and running, it isn’t the best option for those activities. Also, this double jogging stroller is not compatible with attaching car seats, so infants will not fit comfortably. Assembly can be challenging.
This is one of the best double jogging strollers for the active parent on the go with two kids.
Graco DuoGlider Click Connect Stroller
Highly-rated double stroller that will grow with your kids. Fits two Graco SnugRide Click Connect infant car seats. Tandem design double stroller with two seats. The front swivel wheels, which are lockable, allow for easy maneuvering in the tightest spots and makes it easy to push.
– Accepts two Graco SnugRide Click Connect car seats
– Fits two kids up to 40 pounds each
– Four wheels, with two lockable front swivel wheels
– Two multi-position reclining seats with individual canopy. Rear seat lays flat
– One-handed folding, no bending over
– Tray with storage and two deep cup holders
– Underneath drop down storage basket
– Higher rear seat so that kids has a better view
– Weight: 27.4 pounds
This double tandem stroller is easy to push and steer and is considered to be one of the best tandem stroller 2017. It is also stable – thanks to comfortable handles and swivel front wheels. You’ll be able to use this stroller with your newborns to toddlers easily.
Only compatible with Graco Click Connect car seats. This double stroller has smaller wheels and is not designed for all terrain. Good for paved sidewalks, the shopping mall, and other smooth areas.
Joovy Scooter X2 Double Stroller
Another in our list of best double strollers for infant and toddler ideal for busy parents with two kids on the move. It features side-by-side seating for comfort. And the large storage space below the seats fits a diaper bag, groceries, and more items with room to spare. The seats, which each recline separately, make it easy for naps on the road.
– Side-by-side seat double stroller
– Two individually reclining seats with footrests holding up to 45 pounds each
– Extra-large shade canopy
– 30 inches wide – an easy fit through most doorways
– Cup holders with easy access
– Zippered pockets for snacks, wallets, keys, and phones
– Optional rain cover
– Extra large underneath storage space
– Parking brake
– One-handed folding
The four-wheel design keeps things stable for safety. And the swivel front wheels and lightweight make moving around easy. You can fold the double stroller with one hand. And you can easily fit it in a car trunk.
The stroller includes only one large canopy over both seats, so no option to give one kid more shade. Small wheels make going “off road” basically impossible.
Baby Jogger City Mini GT Double Stroller
An all terrain side by side double stroller with high-quality materials. It has front wheel suspension for a smooth ride. Also compatible with City GO infant car seat, or other brands with adaptor (sold separately). This double stroller side by side comes with a lot of features that makes it one of the best double stroller for twins. These include the quick fold technology and auto lock that keeps the stroller closed when folded.
– One-hand quick folding. Auto-lock for transportation or storage
– Four 8.5-inch all terrain tires
– Front wheel suspension
– Adjustable handlebar
– Padded seats
– Vented seat top
– UV 50+ sun canopy with peek-a-boo windows
– Holds up to 100 pounds total
– Weight: 32.6 pounds
– Five-point safety harnesses
You can use this all terrain side by side double stroller for years as it is compatible with infant car seats, including other brands if you buy the adaptor. Seats are also designed for taller kids.
Despite the name, you’re not supposed to jog while pushing this stroller. Bulky design can be hard to fit into car trunks or up and down stairs.